Exploring AK-IBIS Datasets - Custom Query Introduction
Welcome to the AK-IBIS interactive query system. Parts of the system are temporarily unavailable during the conversion to 2.3. This system allows users to explore/query public health datasets directly. The information is intended to support evidenced-based decision making in Alaska to plan and improve service delivery, evaluate health care systems, and inform policy decisions. Other uses are not permissible. Please call Charles Utermohle at 907.269.8030 or Charles.Utermohle@Alaska.gov with your query needs.
Getting StartedFollow these four basic steps to query a dataset. For examples see the tutorials below.
- Select a dataset from one of the Health Surveys listed in the drop-down menu in DATASET QUERIES on the top menu bar in the upper right of the screen (or choose one below).
- Click on a blue bar and drill down to select a measure to query.
- Follow the steps to build your query.
- When you are done building your query, click "Submit Query" in the last step to get your results.
Explorable (Queryable) Datasets
- BRFSS: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
- CUBS: Childhood Understanding Behaviors Survey
- PRAMS: Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System
- YRBS: Youth Risk Behavior Survey - Local (Alternative, Correctional, and Traditional)
- YRBS: Youth Risk Behavior Survey - Statewide (Traditional and Alternative)
User HelpUse the HELP button at the left for information, instructions, and examples. Help buttons throughout the query modules also provide information necessary to make specific query-related selections.
See the AK-IBIS Query System Tutorials to view the list of tutorials available.
News and Updates
- BRFSS - Query Module with 363 variables (5-18-2017)
- YRBS - Local Query Module with 421 variables (2-27-2017)
- YRBS - Statewide Query Module with 381 variables (2-27-2017)
- CUBS Query Module with 142 variables (12-29-2016)
- PRAMS Query Module Converted to IBIS-PH version 2.3 (5-1-2016)
- 2009-2011 for 89 variables added for PRAMS Query Module (9-16-2015)
- Revisions to the query modules are underway to update the BRFSS through 2012 and the YRBS with results from 2013 (1-26-14)
- 1991-2012 for 32 variables added for BRFSS Query Module (1-25-14)
- 1995-2013 for 153 variables added for YRBS Query Module (1-24-14)