AK-IBIS Contents and Usage
AK-IBIS: Alaska's Public Health Data ResourceThis pages gives an overview of the types of data that the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services' Center for Health Data and Statistics provides. The inverted pyramid, shown to the right, shows the requested information frequency and the data service provided. Each of the layers is discussed in more detail below:
- Publications - The most frequently-requested information may be found in ADHSS Publications. Publications typically contain detailed analysis of the numerical data along with supporting contextual data. They also contain summaries and specific graphical data charts. These reports may be accessed in various ways using the Publications menu/tab.
- Indicator Reports - AK-IBIS Health Indicator Profile reports also answer frequently-asked questions. Use the Indicator Reports tab, located toward the top of this page, to choose one of the Indicator Profile indexes. The indexes provide a way to navigate to all of the available health indicator reports.
- Dataset Queries - If our standard publications and indicator profile reports do not meet your needs, you may want to try the AK-IBIS Query System. Through the Custom Query tab, located toward the top of this page, you may access a variety of health datasets directly. Once you select a dataset, you can specify data filtering criteria which controls what data you want to retrieve.
- Links and Online Help - If you are still not finding the information you need or if you have questions please check the help page or the links page for additional information and resources.
- Phone and Email Support - If you are still not finding what you are looking for or would rather talk to or email a real live person, please do not hesitate to contact the AK-IBIS Project Manager, Charles J. Utermohle, PhD by email at Charles.Utermohle@Alaska.gov or by phone at (907)269-8030.